The grand old building on Erottaja road 2 has undergone a major renovation.The former office building that had previously been used by the National Board of Customs, has been renovated into a modern multi-user office spaces. This project of ours on Erottaja road 2 consists of three different construction phases:
The Neo-Renaissance A-section on the corner of Erottaja and Uudenmaan roads was built in 1889-91. (architect Theodor Höijer).
Part B on the side of Uudenmaa and Yrjö roads was built in 1903-05. (architects Grahn, Hedman and Wasastjerna) in the Art Nouveau style.
Part C (intermediate part on the courtyard side) was built in 1914-15. (architect Nikolai Meander)
The building has previously undergone two major renovations; one in the early 70s and another in the early 90s. Otherwise, the apartments in the building have been gradually converted to offices over the years, and now, in the 2020s, a transformation into office space and restaurants is underway. The renovation work is to be completed during 2021.
The building is protected under a decree by a decision of the Government. The protection of the site is supervised by the National Board of Antiquities.