After careful and in-depth research by our office about the repurposing of KEVA’s erstwhile headquarters in the very centre of Helsinki, the consensus was reached that the best option for it to turn it into a hotel. The neo-Renaissance part of the building was originally designed by Onni Tarjanne in 1889, and the neo-Classical part of it by Vietti Nykänen in 1929. The building is listed and classified as a “sr2” site.
The ground floor houses the lobby and the restaurant and the upper floors were turned into 150 hotel rooms, some of them of different sizes and shapes because of the building’s original character. The facade was refreshed by the original colour palette.